So many notes!
– Sal, Marcie’s known you since you were five. She knows where this is going – straight off a cliff.
– It’s sweet Marcie doesn’t seem to blame Sal for what happened, although she seems to have more realistic expectations for her situation (and as such may not appreciate those comments – or, at least, not believe them).
– Sal’s face in that last panel. She’s BREAKING ME guys.
– Sal’s still clinging to that hope of this being temporary. Thanks a LOT, Charles.
– Shit. Sal’s smoking already? Oww. That can seriously mess you up. It can take up to 15 years to reverse damage done by cigarettes. I found that out googling health benefits for quitting for a story (and kinda felt pretty good about making my parents quit 18 years ago).
– I’m not quite sure what Marcie would mean. That Sal doesn’t smoke and Marcie wouldn’t approve? If so, why did Marcie take up smoking? Does it mean she already smokes? Did she meant Sal doesn’t chill?
– This Asher kid worries me. Sal’s said before she and Marcie have bad taste in people, other than each other, so I’m worrying we’re going to see this.
*clapping meme* Let. Sal. Have. Friends.
Just. Not. This. One.
Dumbing of Age